If you have been following my blog, you probably know by now that a staycation is one of the guilty pleasures of our family apart from traveling to Denmark and its neighboring countries of course to visit my husband’s family. However, our staycations are almost always in the same hotel and more often than not it is always in Makati. That is why when I received an invitation to bring my family along with me to stay in a residence hotel in Alabang, I accepted the invitation without hesitation. We don’t often frequent the area where the hotel is situated and we also have not tried staying in any of the hotels in Alabang yet.
We also really needed a little breather especially with all the things and changes that have happened in our lives recently. We initially were supposed to check-in late last month but I was rushed to the hospital so I had to request to move the staycation dates and fortunately it was granted and approved.
We were billeted to one of the recently renovated two-bedroom premiere suites at the Parque España Residence Hotel situated at the East Asia Drive of Filinvest City in Alabang, Muntinlupa City. The area where the hotel is situated is fast becoming an urbanized community with several skyscrapers still under construction. It’s like BGC but with fresher air according to my husband who really enjoyed the expansive view at the hotel rooftop.
We checked in for the weekend and I personally loved the welcoming feel as soon as we entered the lobby. I felt elated when the front desk officer talked to me and said: “We are expecting you today Mrs. Nielsen.” Hey, that was nothing extraordinary but I loved it! It made me feel like a valued guest in an instant. I think it’s a notch higher than just simply saying “Welcome!”. Before we went up to our room located on the 7th floor, the front desk officer handed me the key cards, meal vouchers, as well as the wifi connection usernames and passwords.
The left portion of the lobby is a quaint little cafe aptly named The Coffee Kitchen. The Coffee Kitchen serves your coffee o’clock cravings as well as serves a selection of continental breakfast dishes. While the right portion is a sitting area and the enclosed room is the fitness center. I never got a chance to order coffee here though because we opted to spend most of our time at the rooftop and inside our room. We also did not use the gym facilities because we opted to run around the Alabang green spaces. We wanted to enjoy the relatively fresh air and we wanted to explore the area.
PARQUE ESPAÑA RESIDENCE HOTEL
The hotel is comfortably situated within the commercial business district of Filinvest City in Alabang. Filinvest City is about 10 minutes away from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and around 15-20 minutes from Makati City. This residence hotel is perfect for families on staycations, on extended stays or business trips as well as wedding and debut preparations. The building has 19 floors including the rooftop. It is under the management of Hospitality Innovators, Inc.
Daily housekeeping is offered by the hotel as well as laundry and dry cleaning. A complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to nearby malls can also be availed during your stay in the hotel. Car rental, airport transfer, and mail/parcel service can also be arranged with the hotel staff. Each room has a safety deposit box where you can store valuables. If you are tired from a long day, in-room massage appointment is also a great way to soothe your body aches away. You can see the complete list of services and facilities here.
The 19th floor has the bean-shaped pool, a gazebo where one can relax and enjoy the view of Alabang and nearby Laguna. It was a rainy weekend when we were there so the breeze was a little bit chilly.
PARQUE ESPAÑA 2-BEDROOM PREMIERE
We stayed in a two-bedroom premiere room and we were quite surprised with the 85 square meter floor area of the suite. Our cut-above-rest spacious weekend suite had two bedrooms with one queen bed in each room, a fully-functional kitchen decked with basic cooking and storage implements, a maid’s room, two toilets and bath (but without a tub), a living room, and a dining room with a round table and eating utensils. We also received a welcome food platter of assorted fruits as well as complimentary banana chips and drinking water.
The walls were painted with different shades of Mediterranean orange – something I do not normally expect when staying in hotels. However, Parque España wants to convey the Spanish vibe and thus they took great lengths to inject the Spanish interior design influence in every part of the suite.
The room has parquet flooring which I am not a big fan of but it was very clean and polished so I have no complaints whatsoever. I guess my personal preference for hotel room floors would either be hardwood or soft carpet.
My daughter quickly found her favorite spot in the living room. She loved this so much she settled in her nook as soon as we entered the room.
The kitchen is fully-equipped as well with all the necessary kitchen implements required to prepare meals.
The bedrooms were really spacious and the sheets and pillows did not disappoint as well.
We literally kicked off our heels and had a relaxing weekend in our PJs.
BISTRO DEL CIELO
We ate dinner, breakfast, and lunch at the rooftop restaurant, Bistro del Cielo. Our favorite spot was the table next to the big glass window because the view was fantastic. The restaurant offers different cuisines so feel free to scan the menu to pick the food that your tastebuds are craving for.
Make sure to order banana float when you dine at Bistro del Cielo. Their desserts are super yummy and I indulged a little bit to cap off our staycation. It was a sweet ending to a wonderful weekend.
I was not able to take photos when we had our breakfast because I did not bring my camera when we went for a run around the block and we went straight to have breakfast at the rooftop. It was a buffet breakfast with just enough variety to satiate our hunger. I devoured the sweet honeydew and watermelon. Hubby ate bread with butter and requested the chef to make eggs over easy. We were so full.
- Both check-in and check-out process was a breeze and the front desk personnel were all so warm, friendly, and accommodating.
- Wonderful welcome amenity – fruit platter (apples and pears) and super yummy banana chips.
- Thick, black-out curtains were available in all of the bedrooms. It was not only for show but served its purpose to block the morning sunlight.
- I love the blue-green headboards and the material used to make it.
- The food was cheap yet very delicious. The staff at the Bistro del Cielo provided great service too.
- The location is perfect – away from the main thoroughfares but close enough to the commercial center as well as green spaces.
- A washing machine can be requested and it will be set-up inside your room.
- The rooftop was an unbelievable surprise with views that would almost take your breath away. It’s the perfect spot to chill and relax. I also love the plants all around the rooftop.
- The complimentary wifi connection. The original router installed in our suite was not working but the technical guy readily replaced it with a new one that worked like a charm. I can’t imagine life without the internet anymore (even when on a staycation).
- There was no welcome letter inside the room. I really appreciate this little touch – makes the stay more personalized.
- The color of the rooms was too busy for my taste because I personally prefer a more subdued color palette (i.e black and white or latte/cream-colored palette).
- I expected for robes too but there was none.
- There was also no bathtub to soak into at the end of the day. But of course, a nice hot shower could be a great alternative.
- Make sure to bring a towel from your room when you go swimming because there was no towel available at the rooftop.
- Not everything on the menu was available. I really felt bad that the cake for the day was not available when it was only 10 in the morning when I ordered.
I would recommend the hotel to families and groups of friends who wants a spacious room with all the regular service and facilities of a residence hotel. You will love the service and the value for your money when you stay at Parque España Residence Hotel.